Languages ⥊ Task
Gathered recommendations when to use which programming/scripting language
- Bash scripts for admin.
- Golang to write servers.
- Data science in Python.
- JS / D3 on the frontend.
- C# / Unity 3D modelling and scripting.
- Low level C / Assembly if you need performance optimizations.
- Python - You can do almost everything well in Python. Make lots of stuff
- Command Line & Bash - How systems are glued together. Deploy the stuff you make.
- GNU Regex & awk - How to find things and process text. A key building block of programming is processing text.
- C - How all the above works underneath. Understand the stuff you made.
- SQL - How to handle data in databases. Persist the stuff.
- Haskell - Pure functional programming. Your Python and JS code will improve. Make the stuff beautiful.